Gate Galley Access Statement
1. The gallery is situated on the very busy corner of Watergate & Bridge Street.
2. There is parking within 200 meters with dedicated parking bays for blue badge holders in both Market Street & Watergate.
3. There are dropped curbs and pelican crossings on the approaches with textured paving on all.
The pavement has various slopes and cambers but is smooth and stable.
There is a 4 inch step at the entrance to the gallery with white non slip textured edging (wheelchair accessible with a carer)
The door is light blue with black frame half pained with a glass panel and does need to be pushed inward.
There is a large door mat inside the gallery on the floor, once in the gallery all flooring is flat & level, there is a viewing window to enable visitors a view of the glass making on making days, there is also a small landing to view from space for one wheelchair (by arrangement only.)
4.There is no public toilet facilities in the gallery and no public telephone, mobile reception is also network dependent.
5. The glassworks understand that because of our location and HSE rules and that we are an active glass works access is not available for all however we will endeavor to improve things where health & safety dictates.
6. We & All our staff are willing to help with any requests for assistance where possible.